This procedure is also found in your operations & maintenance manual starting on page 69
Required Tools: Diagonal cutters
Time required: 5 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Maintenance period: When a new filament, or a change to the filament, is required.
Steps to load filament into extruder:
- Preheat the extruder and wait until target temperature is reached (see Preheat Extruder).
- Retract 100 mm of filament (see Filament Retraction Control).
- After retracting, completely remove filament from extruder manually.
- Trim new filament at an angle for ease of loading.
- Place filament into extruder and hold with slight pressure.
- Extrude 100mm of filament (see Filament Extrusion Control).
- After extruding, observe that the filament has extruded and the nozzle has purged.
- If no filament extrudes, repeat steps 1 to 7. If issue is not resolved, submit Support Request.