This article will describe how to send presliced files (G-code) from your MatterControl Desktop version to your onboard Touch Interface via WiFi. This method eliminates any hardware limitations of the onboard Touch Interface.
It is important to note that the current processor within the onboard Touch Interface is limited to slicing files that are around 10mb in file size. If your file is larger you may need to slice using your desktops' more powerful processor.
To slice(generate G-Code) and then send the G-Code to the touch interface follow the steps below.
TIP:If you are designing your own mechanical parts avoid using filleting type tools until final iteration of your design,this will reduce the overall file size.
- Open MatterControl from your computer.
- Select correct printer.(multiprinter users)
- Check in the "Settings" section that the QUALITY and MATERIALS are set correctly.
- Click Queue to return to the Print loading page .
- Select the model you want to print.
- Click on "Export" and save to a file on your local computer hardrive.
- After file has processed "ADD" the g-code file to your cloud library
- On the printer navigate to cloud library
- Select the file do not use the "Print" function
- Select Actions and "Add to Queue"
- In the queue select print.