- Download the attached .stl file T-NUT RETAINER
- Print it in PLA using standard settings
- Use any instant glue or Methylene Chloride
- Bond to the underside of the X-Axis idler assembly to lock the t-nut preventing disengagement
- The installation of this T-NUT RETAINER will still allow for disengagement of the x-axis in the case of an inadvertent homing of axis with object on plate, thus providing safety and reducing likelihood of major equipment damage.
- See the article X Axis Level confirmation to confirm t-nuts are installed correctly.
The LED indicator will be on when power is on and there is nothing to "Interrupt" the switch. Use a business card or similar and place between the ears of this switch to "Interrupt" the switch and turn LED off. This confirms proper operation of this switch. After confirmation that light goes out, jog the z-axis up 20mm from home place the business card between the ears after you have pressed home on the user interface to functionally check the axis will stop when home is pressed.
The Tab mounted to the frame will interrupt the Z-AXIS limit switch when the printer is "HOME''d