Issue: T-Nut can completely disengage from the x-axis idler assembly during homing of the z-axis
3D Printer serial numbers affected: from 150001....150055 all subsequent will incorporate this modification at manufacture.
Purpose: In the development of the Infinity 3d printer it was determined that a safety feature such as a floating x-axis assembly would be beneficial. However some users may experience an issue with the x-axis idler side of the x-axis lifting or floating. If this is severe enough the captured T-Nut can completely disengage from the x-axis idler assembly during homing of the z-axis.
Solution: In order to rectify this issue follow the steps as listed.
- Download the attached .stl file T-NUT RETAINER
- Print it in PLA using standard settings
- Use instant glue or Methylene Chloride
- Bond to the underside of the X-Axis idler assembly to lock the t-nut preventing disengagement
- The installation of this t-nut lock should still allow for disengagement of the x-axis in the case of an inadvertent homing of axis with object on plate, thus providing safety and reducing likelihood of severe machine damage.
- See the article X Axis Level confirmation to confirm t-nuts are installed correctly.