Issue: Loading of filament and extruder position jogging before a print would result in unintended retraction of filament from the extruder at the start of a print.
Purpose: To update the start G-Code on the Touch Interface and eliminate filament retraction at the start of a print.
**Important: The start G-Code must also be updated in MatterControl Dashboard if using a computer to process 3D files as described in Process Large Files on MatterControl Dashboard and Add to Cloud Library for 3D Printing.
New Start G-Code Commands:
Solution: Please follow the steps below to rectify this issue.
- Open MatterControl on the Touch Interface (Desktop version)
- Select advanced settings by pressing SETTINGS > Basic > Advanced
- Select SETTINGS > Printer > Custom G-Code
- Select the Start G-Code text box and delete all commands using the backspace key on the keyboard
- Input the new commands into the Start G-Code text box using the keyboard
- Press SAVE to commit the changes
- Confirm the new G-Code commands are in the Start G-Code text box
The new start G-Code commands are now saved on the Touch Interface.