Preheating the extruder is used when changing filament or confirming proper filament extrusion.
Steps to preheat the extruder using the Touch Interface:
- Unlock the Touch Interface by sliding the lock to the right.
- Select CONTROLS > TEMPERATURE.
- Locate the Extruder Temperature and select PREHEAT. (Note: there will be one extruder for the SE version and two extruders for the DE version). The extruder will preheat to the default based on the selected filament (200°C for PLA). The extruder temperature is shown to the right of “Actual:”.
- To change the extruder temperature, locate the box labelled “Target:”.
- Select the Target box and a virtual keyboard will be revealed.
- Type the desired temperature in Celsius and press SET to activate.
- The extruder will heat to the set temperature.
- To turn Off the extruder and cool to room temperature, select OFF next to the extruder.