Filament extrusion control is used when changing filament and to confirm proper filament extrusion. Filament can be manually extruded in 1, 10, or 100 mm increments. The extruder must be preheated in order for the printer to manually extrude filament.
Steps to extrude filament using the Touch Interface:
- Preheat the extruder (see Preheat Extruder) and wait until the extruder reaches its target temperature.
- Select CONTROLS > MOVEMENT.
- Locate the extrude controls (Note that on a single extruder printer, only one extruder will show).
- Select the amount of extrusion by selecting 1, 10, or 100 mm.
- Select E1+ to extrude the selected amount of filament (Note on a single extruder printer, select E+).