Filament retraction control is used when changing filament or confirming proper filament extrusion.
Steps to retract filament using the Touch Interface:
- Preheat the extruder (see Preheat Extruder) and wait until extruder reaches target temperature.
- Select CONTROLS > MOVEMENT.
- Locate the retract controls (Note that on a single extruder printer only one extruder will show).
- Select the amount of retraction by selecting 1, 10, or 100mm.
- Select E1- to retract the selected amount of filament (Note on a Dual extruder printer, select E2-).