The Infinity 3D printer can be moved in the X, Y, and Z directions using the movement controls on the Touch Interface. This is used when performing maintenance or setting the correct Z Offset for the printer. The printer axes can be moved in 0.02, 0.1, 1, 10, and 100 mm increments. Moving the X-axis will jog the extruder carriage left and right. Moving the Y-axis will jog the Quick-change Build Platform forward and backwards. Moving the Z-axis will jog the extruder carriage up and down.
Steps to control axes movement using the Touch Interface:
- Select CONTROLS > MOVEMENT.
- Locate the X, Y, and Z controls.
- Select the amount of movement by selecting 0.02, 0.1, 1, 10, or 100 mm.
- Move the Extruder Assembly in the X-axis by selecting X+ or X-.
- Move the Quick-change Build Platform in the Y-axis by selecting Y+ or Y-.
- Move the Extruder Assembly in the Z-axis by selecting Z+ or Z-.
- The amount the Extruder Assembly and/or Quick-change Build Platform has been moved in the three axes is shown below the controls next to “X:”, “Y:”, and “Z:”.