Issue: Extruder 2 extruding excess filament onto finished part at the end of a dual extrusion print.
3D Printer Serial Numbers Affected: 150001-150065 all subsequent will incorporate this modification during manufacturing.
Purpose: To update the end G-Code on the Touch Interface eliminating excess filament being extruded onto the finished part at the end of a dual extrusion print.
**Important: The end G-Code must also be updated in MatterControl Dashboard if using a computer to process 3D files as described in Process Large Files on MatterControl Dashboard and Add to Cloud Library for 3D Printing.
New End G-Code Commands:
M104 T0 S0
M104 T1 S0
Solution: Please follow the steps below to rectify this issue.
- Open MatterControl on the Touch Interface
- Select advanced settings by pressing SETTINGS > Basic > Advanced
- Select SETTINGS > Printer > Custom G-Code
- Select the End G-Code text box and delete all commands using the backspace key on the keyboard
- Input the new commands into the End G-Code text box using the keyboard
- Press SAVE to commit the changes
- Confirm the new G-Code commands are in the End G-Code text box
The new end G-Code commands are now saved on the Touch Interface.